cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ColorBAT
5 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

does not recogonize boot cd-r0m

HP Recommended
evny 23-d034
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've been struggling with this computer for several days. Finally got to the BIOS system, and was able to get the BIOS system to "reload".  The hard drive reports (in the BIOS SetUp) but apparently needs to be "repaired". Have tried REPEATEDLY to get the system to boot to a re-install Windows disk or any number of other bootable utility disks. NOTHING! Have tried using a "known good" external USB CD-ROM drive to get to a bootable CD-ROM disk. NOTHING! Both the wireless and USB keyboard and mouse work correctly.

Appears to need some driver updates for the CD-ROM to work correctly at the BIOS level??? How can I install such drivers at the BIOS level? Maybe use a bootable USB flash drive? Where/how do I get such a flash drive?

Can I buy a flash drive loaded with a bootable recovery utility?

Giving serious thought to buying 100' of hemp rope and using this for a boat anchor!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
133,982 124,157 20,484 31,458
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

If you have not tried this...Before tossing your PC overboard, in order to boot from a DVD you need to change some settings in the BIOS.

Please see this guide for the settings to change.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03659945

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation