cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
denbow Honor Student
Honor Student
1 0 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

dpc watch dog violation

Every time I try to update my tomtom sat nav I get a watch dog violation warning followed by a blue screen then it closes down. I have been told that this can be put right with a firmware upgrade and that you should be able to help. Its really annoying me now as I never had these issues with windows 7 hope you can help and that the answer is not to techy as I will have trouble understanding it.Many thanks Dennis

2 REPLIES 2
Provost Provost
Provost
76,811 76,224 9,345 20,200
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

dpc watch dog violation

Hi,

Please watch the following video to fix:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vvvaWbMgkI

(After the adv).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
TonyTranUPG Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

dpc watch dog violation

@denbow wrote:

Every time I try to update my tomtom sat nav I get a watch dog violation warning followed by a blue screen then it closes down. I have been told that this can be put right with a firmware upgrade and that you should be able to help. Its really annoying me now as I never had these issues with windows 7 hope you can help and that the answer is not to techy as I will have trouble understanding it.Many thanks Dennis

If you still getting the DPC watchdog violation error on your Windows 7 computer, I think you should try this. It was helped me to fix the same problem.

https://usefulpcguide.com/17082/dpc-watchdog-violation/

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation