cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Starhorsepax Top Student
Top Student
8 3 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

driver power state failure

HP Envy 750-114
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I'm in the middle of playing Star Wars the Old Republic and BOOM. Everything goes down with a scream. What happened?  I only got the computer in late November. It's been working fine.

I found this in the event log:

Error    4/24/2016 7:44:40 PM    BugCheck    1001    None
Error    4/24/2016 7:44:33 PM    Eventlog    1101    Event processing
Critical    4/24/2016 7:44:10 PM    Kernel-Power    41    (63)
Error    4/24/2016 7:44:29 PM    EventLog    6008    None

I get the impression from googling its a bit peeved I won't let it update drivers but since I'm not letting it update anything but malware/virus definitions I don't see what would cause it.

(I slammed the halt on all updates when the last intel graphics driver update proceeded to BREAK my game - repeatedly, after every auto update, thereby rendering the computer largely useless for my purposes. I'm still trying to figure out how to get anything but an intel graphics card since it is apparently more trouble than its worth.)

Can anyone tell me for sure what would cause this and how can I prevent this?

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation