cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Veronica65
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

dropped disc in computer

HP Recommended

I put a disc into my computer, an intel pentium and the disc dropped into the computer. We have lifted and titled the computer with the disc drawer open and we cannot get it out. HOw can you get the disc player on the side to come out? ANy suggestions on how else to het it out. The computer is brand new, all in one. Thanks]

VEronica

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,613 3,967
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Veronica65

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand you've accidentally dropped a disc inside the chassis of your All in One desktop,

Don't worry, I'd love to help, although to provide a more accurate solution, I need a few more details such as:

What is your product name or number?

Has this happened before? did you attempt to remove the back panel?

In the meantime, you can try to remove the DVD player and see if you can get the disc out of the drive, if that is where it is, or open up the computer to get access to the disc if it is inside your case.  
Please see the Upgrading and Servicing Guide using the Official HP Website for your user manuals, etc..as it has illustrations on how to open up the case and or remove the DVD drive.

Let me know how that pans out, 

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation