cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
attwater
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

envy 750 cursor jumping

Envy 750-137c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Cursor jumps all over  the place.  help!

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Jay_101
Level 7
750 736 67 131
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

envy 750 cursor jumping

Greetings,

Try uninstalling and removing the current drivers in "Control Panel", "Device Manager".

Reboot your system

Let Win 10 reinstall drivers after rebooting.

Try a different mouse if that does not help.

Cheers!

0 Kudos
attwater
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

envy 750 cursor jumping

Jay_101,

Thanks for the response.

I have done this with the keyboard and mouse drivers, and it worked for a few hours, then started back up.  

This problem is intermittent, not constant.

Attwater

0 Kudos
Jay_101
Level 7
750 736 67 131
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

envy 750 cursor jumping

Hi,

You're welcome.

When did this problem start?

Run a Check Disk.

Have you tried a System Restore?

Your PC shipped with Win 10.

It could be a driver conflict. It could be hardware.

You may have to back up data. Disconnect the PC from your network and do an HP factory recovery. Run the sytem in a pristine state ( only connect factory keyboard and mouse, no Win 10 updates, no network connection, and no program installs) to check stability.

Continued instability indicates a hardware problem.  Stability indicates a bad Win 10 update or some program you may installing which is causing a driver conflict. 

Jay

0 Kudos
attwater
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

envy 750 cursor jumping

Jay_101,

Problem started a few weeks after upgrading to Win 10 Pro.  Everything was fine, and then all of a sudden it started happening.  Do not suspect the 10 Pro upgrade.

Also had an occasional spontaneous restart in the middle of trying to use it with a BSOD with the message "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION."  This may be totally irrelevant, or related to the HW somehow.

Have tried a system restore, and it comes back.

Ran a CheckDisk, as well as all of the boot diagnostics, and everything seems to check out okay.

Ran the system file checker, and no problems. 

Went through deleting drivers for all the keyboards and mice (came with wireless versions, and I also have USB versions) and redownloading them from HP or MS, worked for a short while then started again.  The problems seem to be independent of which keyboard or mouse I use.

I am in the process as I write of making a disc image for back up just in case it is a HW problem.  The problems have gone from occasional and intermittent to constant now, starting right after startup.  Have been completely shutting down instead of hibernating or sleeping between attempted uses.

I may try a factory recovery, if I am sure my backup image can be restored.  I spent about two days upgrading to win 10 pro, and loading and configuring all my SW, and I really do not want to do that all over again and have this problem pop up again.  And of course with Win 10, if I do get a new machine from HP, who knows if my disc image will work (product key issues).

Thanks, I am working on it and will keep you posted.

Attwater

0 Kudos
Jay_101
Level 7
750 736 67 131
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

envy 750 cursor jumping

Hi,

You're welcome.

The problem started after upgrading to Win 10 Pro. Win 10 core and pro use the same driver model so it probably would have happened even if you did not upgrade to Pro.

Did you install Win 10 Pro over Win Home clean? You can do a quick upgrade from Home to Pro by using the Win 10 Pro product key or Digital Entitlement. Please see this Microsoft document.

The DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION is a driver error. Telling me this was very helpful. Thanks.

It may be a driver update from Microsoft that is causing the problem. This is one of the reasons why I don't like Win 10.

Try a System Restore again. Then run this program from Microsoft. It will allow you to stop driver updates.

See if this helps.

I have a 2.5 year old Envy 810-150se that shipped with Win 8.1. Beta tested Win 10. Don't like either operating system so I jumped through some hoops to get Win 7 Pro running on my PC.

Never have this type of problem using Win 7 pro.

Jay

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation