Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
mees09 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

external monitor won't connect with my desktop

HP omni 27
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

Hi there,

im trying to fiure out how i can connext my external monitor to my desktop. i have a double sided HDMI cable which i'm using to connect the both, but my monitor give a black screen.

If i try to connect me laptop with the external monitor with the SAME cable, there is nothing wrong. but when i try to connect back the monitor with the dekstop it shows nothing.

I have no idea what causes the problem. can it be the wrong cable? or is there something wrong with my settings?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
13952 13868 783 901
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @april88 ,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have read about your External monitor connection issue with HP Omni 27-1000 Desktop PC with HDMI cable.

Don't worry though as I have a few steps to determine the issue and find a solution as well,

• Use the correct HDMI cable for your HDMI device.
  • Perform a hard reset and update the device drivers.
  • Use HP Support Assistant to update your HP device drivers.
  • If you connected the monitor or TV after the graphics software was opened, close the software and open it again. Most software does not recognize a display added or attached after the software is opened.

Click here for the document which you can refer.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks for being a part of the HP community.

Please let me know if this helps resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help.

If you wish to say "thanks" for my efforts, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
mees09 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there,

I did a factory setting so far.

otherwise I have no idea which drivers I need to update.  There are so many with difficult words and phrases I have absolutely no knowledge of. 

I'd hope you can tell some more details what I should do exactly.

Kind regards,

Mees09

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
13952 13868 783 901
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@mees09

Thanks for the super quick reply. First of all,it is a genuine pleasure to work with you.

Please click here for the latest drivers for your computer.

If the issue is resolved and you appreciate my help,

please click the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up".

Let me know how you make out.

Cheers!

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
mees09 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi,

thank you for your reply.

i'v already visited the link you have sent me. There is only 1 grahical driver update available, which i already updated.

I'v no clue if that was the update that suppose to fix the problem..?

Because how do you know whether the problem is in the driver? maybe we need to look more broadly at the problem.

if i insert a HDMI cable at the right side of my PC, i get no notification/pop-up/indentify that there is a HDMI cable connected.

i don't know if many people with the same PC have/had the same problem? or maybe it could just be me and i have a setting not correctly selected. or that there might be a manufacturing fault.

i hope this might give a better perspective of what could possibly be wrong.

i hope to hear asap from you

king regards,

Mees09

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
13952 13868 783 901
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@mees09

Thanks for the super quick reply. First off all,

it is a genuine pleasure to work with you.

And I appreciate your effort for doing all the troubleshooting steps suggested above.

Please contact HP phone support for further service options.

Cheers

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation