Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
sceaux Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

factory reset

presario CQ62
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

HI

My presario CQ62 became too slow for firefox an youtube. I believe i have to reset it to factory set.

So I burnt a  recovery DVD . When i run recovery manager to reset to factory set  the PC does not boot on it.

What should i do?

Thanks for help.

regards

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12747 821 1396
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

factory reset

@sceaux

Welcome to HP Support Forums. :) I understand from your post that you would like to perform a system recovery using the recovery disks you created. And the notebook will not boot using those recovery disks. I'd like to assist you with this issue. Before I provide steps to perform system recovery, I would recommend a few things for you to check on your laptop which are as follows:

1. If you're facing an issue with Firefox web browser then have you tried to uninstall it and then reinstall it back?

2. Do other web browsers like Internet Explorer or Google Chrome work fine?

If none of the web browsers work fine and if you're facing performance issues with the laptop then you may perform a system recovery by following the below steps:

Note: Performing a system recovery will delete all data and restore your laptop to it's original factory condition. 

1. Disconnect all connected devices and cables such as Personal Media Drives, USB drives, printers, and faxes. Remove media from internal drives, and remove any recently added internal hardware. Do not disconnect the power cord and battery.

2.  Insert disk no. 1 from the recovery disks into the notebook. Restart the notebook and tap the F9 key repeatedly to go to Boot Device Options      screen. Select the CD/DVD drive, and then press Enter to continue.

3. This should make the recovery. A window might appear and prompt you to choose whether to run Recovery Manager from the hard disk or      from the disc inserted. If this window displays, select the Run program from disc, and then click Next.

If the recovery still does not initiate using the recovery disks then we could use the inbuilt recovery partition of the hard drive. Please refer to " Steps to follow for Recovery from the startup screen (during system boot) OR when unable to boot to login in screen" from this link: http://hp.care/2ekILYP. Feel free to let me know how it goes. Cheers! 

0 Kudos
sceaux Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

factory reset

HI Kazi

Thanks for your post . I succeeded to rest my system.

But when trying to install an anti_Virus, i foud out that  windows 7on my CQ62 is not up to date because SP1 is lacking.  and I ran the windows automatique update. It  is running for more than 5 hours to find updates.

Is it normal?

What should i  do?

Regards

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12747 821 1396
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

factory reset

@sceaux

Thanks for replying and letting me know that the reset was successful. :) If there are too many Windows updates then it may take longer than expected. If the laptop is not frozen and if you're able to mouse the mouse pointer then I suggest let's give it some more time until it finishes or until a message appears. 

If the laptop is frozen then please restart it and attempt the updates once again. Please refer to this link: http://hp.care/2fVqAIq. Good luck!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation