Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavillion 23 Model 1250
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought two HP Pavilion 23-1250 computers at the same time.  I use one and my wife uses the other.  the hard drive on mine crashed.  I am thinking of buying a replacement drive, however, and I know this is bad, I do not have a recovery disk.  Would it work to make a recovery disk from my wife's computer and use it to format the new hard drive in my computer?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

I don't see that you have anything to lose by giving it a try.

The recovery media will be good for your wife's model anyway.

It should work as long as the recovery media doesn't check to see that the serial number of the PC matches.

I think that some folks have used recovery media make from one PC of the same model on the other.

I just can't be 100% certain about that.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.