Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
H8-1151sc

Hi

I have a H8-1151sc with a Pegatron 2AB5 motherboard and i just purchased a Zotac GTX1060 6GB .. however  it does not work.. cant find the screen .. just says beeepp and the monitor display no dvi input detected ??

Plz help

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

You are the second member with the same type PC trying to install a GTX1060 card today.  

Both of you are having issues with UEFI boot.

I suggest returning the card and seeking an equivalent Radeon card that boots in legacy and UEFI. 

There are two ways to check to see if the BIOS is UEFI or legacy.

The simplest way to check is to enter the BIOS. If you can use your mouse to select items then it is an UEFI BIOS.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Dont really care if i am the secord or third member that has this issue... Your reply is arrogant and not very helpfull

I choose the Hp platform back then because i liked the quality etc.. and also i bought this gfx card in same manor ..

So "just send back card back and buy another brand "   is just not an acceptable reply !

HP Recommended

I am not stating that in any manner other than trying to be helpful.

You said "So "just send back card back and buy another brand ", not me.  Read my post again a bit more carefully. I politely made a suggestion and even used the word suggest.

It was an interesting coincidence that two of you were trying to update the same model with the GTX1060.

Both of you are running into the same roadblock.

The roadblock is UEFI boot. 

I certainly cannot make your video card boot in a PC when it isn't the right type of card. No one can. Manufacturers won't modify the card and PC just for you.

Many people are running into the very same problem since the advent of UEFI boot for BIOS and video cards.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.