Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
davidgv Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

graphics card upgrade

hpe-140f
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I like to upgrade to a  GeForce GT 730 2GB GDDR5 64bit. I have a acceptable 350w ps. I question if the legacy bios ( non uefi ) can support this card - or something comparable ( under $125 ) I am simply replacing a geoforce gt 230 that is overheating constantly and shutting my system down. 

I

1 REPLY
Provost
Provost
28010 1807 5021
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post

graphics card upgrade

Hi,

UEFI enabled graphics cards vary by manufacturer.  Check with the specific manufacturer. 

You might want to consider the EVGA NVIDIA GT 640. The GT 640 only requires a 350 watt power supply and is a single slot card. It's $70.  Check with EVGA for compatibility before you buy.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation