cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
curtiola
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

h8-1419 not detecting video card

h8-1419
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
can't seem to install a GTX 560 ti into a HP h8-1419, i have tried the card in another PC and it works fine, the AMD 7570 HD still works in the h8-1419 so the PCI slot isn't the issue & neither is the card. the fan on the GTX 560 ti spins but its not detected in the device manager at all, i have uninstalled all AMD drivers and am using the integrated INTEL GPU at the moment, updated the chipset drivers, the BIOS and the UEFI diagnostics, and done a cmos, i also tried disabling secure boot and enabling legacy boot in the BIOS, still nothing showing in the device manager, i'm at my wits end and i could really use some help
i also calculated the power consumption of all the components and the PSU at 460W should be enough for the GTX 560 ti, im starting to think the IPMMB-FM (Formosa) motherboard just isn't compatible with the GTX 560 ti but i cant find any info on this

thanks in advance for any help you can provide 🙂
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Level 17
Level 17
46,973 41,230 4,497 11,731
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What is the exact brand and model of the GTX 560ti video card?

I am not an HP Employee.
You can click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply was the information you were looking for that helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped by clicking on the
0 Kudos
curtiola
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

the pluggins look exactly like this one, no brand printed anywhere except Geforce and nVidia kind of like this one except totally black, no green or grey lines at all http://www.nvidia.in/object/product-geforce-gtx-560ti-oem-in.html

i couldnt find an image of mine anywhere, & im not sure where to look for a model number at all

its worth noting that it came from an alienware aurora R4 that my friend bought in 2012

this is what it says on the order receipt email he got 

Video Card 1.25GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 560 Ti
GTX560
[320-2860]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
curtiola
4 3 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

its possible i've been ignorant, does the GTX 560 ti require 2 6 pin connectors to be plugged into it?

if so the psu in this machine has only one, is there such a thing as a 6 pin splitter?

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation