cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
KF8RVmark
Level 3
56 40 0 0
Message 1 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

h8-1520t

Does the Radeon 8570 used by HP in this and in many of its high performance desktops use 2GB GDDR5 memory or 2GB DDR3 memory?

That graphics card supports both types of memory according to AMD. I just want to make sure that HP's OEM card uses the GDDR5 before I order the desktop having that card inside of it.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
Level 4 Hasan_M
Level 4
64 64 6 15
Message 2 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

h8-1520t

h8-1520t supports DDR3 DIMMS. You can have upto 4 sticks of max capacity 32 GB (ie, 4x8GB DDR3 DIMMs). To get a complete info of the specifications, goto:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03650829

I work for HP....
........................just trying to help where I can, but not speaking on behalf of HP.

Clicking Kudos! is a nice way to say "Thank You" if this helped you .... also mark "Accept It As A Solution" so that others get a benefit from it..
0 Kudos
KF8RVmark
Level 3
56 40 0 0
Message 3 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

h8-1520t

I know that but what about the type of memory used onboard the Radeon 8570 graphics card.  Likely I'll buy the computer if that graphics card uses GDDR5.  According to AMD it can use either GDDR5 or DDR3 memory.  Which does the HP OEM card use is what I am asking about..!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 4 Hasan_M
Level 4
64 64 6 15
Message 4 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

h8-1520t

It is 2Gb onboard memory, 128-bit DDR3. Hope this helps.

I work for HP....
........................just trying to help where I can, but not speaking on behalf of HP.

Clicking Kudos! is a nice way to say "Thank You" if this helped you .... also mark "Accept It As A Solution" so that others get a benefit from it..
0 Kudos
KF8RVmark
Level 3
56 40 0 0
Message 5 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

h8-1520t

Really it should be 2GB GDDR5 because that particular computer is labelled as a high-performance model.  I have already been told not to waste my money on the computer if that graphics card uses DDR3 memory.

0 Kudos
KF8RVmark
Level 3
56 40 0 0
Message 6 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

h8-1520t

Why didn't HP opt for the 2GB GDDR5 version of that card for its performance ? ? ?

0 Kudos
KF8RVmark
Level 3
56 40 0 0
Message 7 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

h8-1520t

Can you guarantee that the DDR3 OEM version of that card will be of greater performance than the coming Intel Haswell's line of integrated graphics ? ? ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Level 4 Hasan_M
Level 4
64 64 6 15
Message 8 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

h8-1520t

The card is really good. However, I will not be able to give any guarantee on whether its performance is better than some other. All I can say is that this card works better for h8-1520

I work for HP....

0 Kudos
KF8RVmark
Level 3
56 40 0 0
Message 9 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

h8-1520t

A few days ago I already queried this question to HP Total Care.  Their response is below.  Why the different answer from what you have provided to me.  Now, find out the "real" answer to my question and let me know which memory the Radeon 8570 uses inside of the h8-1520t..!

Conflicting information from HP is frustrating.  I want the facts.

I just wanted to double check the memory type on Experts Day before I order the computer.

Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
To: KF8RVmark
Sent: Mon, Apr 29, 2013 1:16 pm
Subject: HP ENVY h8-1520t CTO Desktop PC

Hello Mark,
Thank you for contacting HP Total Care.
After going through your e-mail, I understand that you want to know does the 2GB AMD Radeon 8570 graphics card inside of the h8-1520t desktop use GDDR5 or DDR3 memory.
Being a valued customer of HP we appreciate your prestigious association with us. I assure you that our customers are our top priority, and we are committed to serving our customer's needs. Customer service is at the top of our corporate goals, and we are constantly striving to provide the best customer service possible.
I appreciate that you have shared your concern with us and have given us a chance to assist you in this matter. I, on behalf of HP Total Care take ownership of your concern. I will definitely assist you in this matter up to the best of my abilities.

Mark, I have checked the specifications of your product and it is found that AMD Radeon 8570 uses GDDR5 for better GPU processing.

I want to be sure that the information provided above answers your queries, so please do reply back with your response because it is important that I resolve the issue in a timely manner. I am eagerly waiting for your reply.

For information on keeping your HP and Compaq products up and running, please visit our website at:
http://www.hp.com/go/totalcare

Sincerely,
Anjan
HP Total Care

0 Kudos
Level 4 Hasan_M
Level 4
64 64 6 15
Message 10 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

h8-1520t

Please note that my response in this forum is my personal views and opinions. Though I work in HP, HP has nothing to do with my involvement in this forum. I participate in this forum with a hope to help whereever I get an opportunity and not because my company asks me to do it. Whatever I post here in this forum is my personal iews, it is not HPs.

As you have received an official reply from HP Support, I suggest you can go with it. I might have gone wrong with the product details - not sure though. I apologize as it caused confusion for you.

I work for HP....

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation