Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
tlogic2016 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hP Pavilion 300-235na Mini Desktop PC - memory upgrade

P Pavilion 300-235na Mini Desk
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

I bought a new 4gb ram module  from Maplins  to upgrade the  ram on my machine from 4gb-8gb , Poblem i'm having is that the machine is not picking up the new ram module. Can someone advise if the spec of the ram module i bought for my system in compatible  with my machine. 

spec of new RAM module: 

4GB DDR3 1600MHz Laptop Memory

• Upgrade your Laptop's RAM by an additional 4GB• DDR3 Non-ECC memory module• PC3-12800 / 1600MHz
• 204-pin Small Outline Dual In-line Memory Module (SODIMM)
• CAS latency: 9 cycles
• Voltage: 1.5V

thanks

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Associate Professor
Associate Professor
1363 1341 114 377
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Here is the link to your system specifications.

If you found my answer helpful please say thanks by clicking on the Thumb's Up icon.
          If my answer solved your problem please mark it as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!

Here's the Memory Specs:

• Amount: 4 GB
  • Speed: PC3-12800 MB/s
  • Type: DDR3-1600
0 Kudos
tlogic2016 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

y2ken thanks for the reply, going the specification of my machine, the ram module I purchased is it sup posed to work on my machine? because the new ram module I purchased (please see link on my first post) is not working. The guy in the store told me that it should work?
0 Kudos
Associate Professor
Associate Professor
1363 1341 114 377
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, the RAM stick you purchased should work.

Unless you have a 32bit version of Windows in which case the system can only utilize 4G.

You can check by right clicking on the Start icon and choosing 'System', if you have a 64bit system it'll show under System>System Type

If you do have a 64bit system, try reseating the stick, it's common to not have it fully seated in the slot.

If you found my answer helpful please say thanks by clicking on the Thumb's Up icon.
       If my answer solved your problem please mark it as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation