Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
CalvinHillman Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hard disk short dst fail

HP machine fails Hard Disk Short DST:  Fail

It is an HP Pavilion HPE H9 Series

Model H9-1215t

Product is out of warranty as of 3 months ago apparently, it only had a 2 year warranty.

Failure ID:  U0BTHA-0008GF-QFFWXF-60V703

What is the cause?  Computer seems to be freezing sometimes also.  Ran hard drive check under windows 7 after it rebooted and itreplaced a lot of bad clusters in files.

Does it need a new hard drive or could it be something else?  If a new hard drive we are thinking about an SSD 500gbyte, what would be the requirements?  If something else let me know what I should do.  Could it be a cabling issue or how do I know it's not the hard drive controller etc?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Teacher
Teacher
137 3 7
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hard disk short dst fail

Hello CalvinHillman,

Welcome to the forum! This alpha-numerical error that you get on the screen means that the hard drive needs replacement. Looking at the laptop's specifications on the Internet I saw that the hard drive compatible is the 3.5 inch one. For further assistance, I recommend you to consult the user guide of that laptop or contact directly the manufacturer or the PC store where you bought the laptop from.

Since your laptop is out of warranty, you could try with another 3.5 inch drive if you have one. Before buying an SSD, I recommend you to check the type of the connections. I assume that you would need a SATA one. If you have another HDD, connect it to the HDD bay to check if the BIOS would recognize it. If so, you can proceed with the instalaltion of the operating system. If not, may be the SATA port has some failures too.

Good luck!

Western Digital representative
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation