Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Brani1 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hard drive replacement

Example: Pavilion a6202n
Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit)

I have a Pavilion a6202n with the factory hard drive, a KINGSTON SV300S37A12 SCSI Disk Device.  Can I still get this same hard drive or is there a compatible upgrade for it?  if so, where can I look?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Grad Student
Grad Student
215 215 29 68
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hard drive replacement

Hi @Brani1!

Since you got a desktop PC you can choose between upgrading the current SSD you have or go with a HDD. Each of these two types of storage have different pros and cons.

A SSD will give you faster boot and loading times and any operating system related task that needs to retrieve data will be faster compared to a HDD speeds. However, if you need more storage capacity for your data (for instance, a lot of films, music, etc.) HDD suit better because it will provide bigger capacities.

Hope this helps and if you need some help selecting a hard disk let me know. :)

Official WD Representative.
Please, Kudo me and choose as Answer if this post helped you! :)

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation