cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
gallerydist
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

have HP envy 750-417c and a Geforce gt730 4g-d5 grafics card , both 300watt card wont work ddr5 4gb

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

the  HP envy 750-417c and a Geforce gt730 4g-d5 grafics card , both 300watt card wont work its ddr5  4gb , the fan runs but no video out and computer makes beeps , is it compatable , does it need driver downloaded 1st ??? 

3 REPLIES 3
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
134,889 124,245 20,664 31,755
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

You probably have to go into the BIOS, enable legacy mode and disable secure boot.

See this link for the BIOS settings you need to change.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03653200/

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
gallerydist
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

tried going into bios with directions in link you sent , win 10 does not open bios any way i try , even after 1st using shift key with shutdown 

Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
134,889 124,245 20,664 31,755
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Usually tapping the ESC key at the beginning of the HP welcome screen gets you into the BIOS.

If that doesn't work, unfortunately, I don't have any other suggestions for you to try.

All I know is that you need to change those BIOS settings if you want any video card to work.

You can also see if you can get into the BIOS by following these instructions.

http://www.howto-connect.com/access-uefi-bios-settings-on-windows-10-8-and-8-1/

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation