Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
skramp Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

have updated to windows 10 and now memory card reader will not work

presario cq57

i have recently updated to windows 10 on  my presario cq57 and now the card reader will not recognise any sd card. Can't find where to update drivers.

2 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
99167 13569 20922
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to try the W10 Realtek card reader driver directly from Realtek.

Download, unzip and run the setup application file from the first driver on the webpage below...

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=15&PFid=25&Level=4&Conn=3&DownT...

0 Kudos
skramp Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thank you for the quick reply have tried what you suggested however still not being able to read an sd card.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation