cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
does1care
2 0 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

having trouble setting up HP Instant Ink and getting the one month free

HP Recommended
HP ENVY 5660 CONNECT TO DELLDE
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am just setting up my HP ENVY 5660 to my dell desktop that does not have wireless so I am using a usb cable.  The printer is not recognizing it..  I have installed the software and asked the printer to print out the report which keeps directing me to the wireless connection.  It continues to take me in circles which is annoying.  I turned it off and on again and still no results.  I have logged on and it keeps taking me back to another section to log back in when I have tried to trouble shoot. It has taken me three times to the "redeem your HP reward" then right back to the same questions.  Also I set the time at 9:58 a.m. and it is registering 4:58 P.M.  Did I get a lemon or what? When it prints a page it goes into a circle and if I don't catch it I can see it doubling back and causing a paper jam.  Any assistance will be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Sunshyn2005
Level 13
17,328 17,068 902 2,549
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @does1care, I'd like to help. I'm not sure I understood something, you said the Dell does not have wireless so it is connected to the printer via USB cable, but then you mentioned the software trying to configure the printer and is taking you ins circles. Are declining the wireless configuration or is it failing (for the printer)?

If you are trying to set up Instant Ink as mentioned in your subject line, you'll need to have the printer on the wireless network. Maybe it would be best to close out of the software since you have it installed and the printer connected via USB, and set the wireless up from the front panel of the printer. 

Let me know if I've misunderstood something and we'll work through it. 

Cheers,
Lisa
 - HP Instant Ink Support

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation