cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Grimmsever Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

headphones and speakers playing at the same time.

hp touchsmart
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The sound is being played through both my headset and my speakers, but when I go into the sound settings it says my headphones are disconnected.  I have seen other posts that have solutions and I have tried them and they dont work.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,055 9,844 921 1,475
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

headphones and speakers playing at the same time.

Hi @Grimmsever, Greetings! Thanks for becoming a HP forum member. I would be glad to assist you with the speaker / headphone issue that you are facing on your HP Touchsmart PC.

Since you have already tried other posts and did not get a solution, I believe the issue might be with the audio drivers on your PC. To fix this, please try the following steps:

• Go to device manager (You can give a right click on windows logo on bottom left corner of your screen and select device manager from the list)
  • Now maximize the “Sound, video and game controllers” from the list. You will see the audio driver. Then give a right click on the audio driver and choose “uninstall” option.
  • Make sure you “check” the box which says “Delete the driver software for this device”. Once done, restart the computer.
  • Now go to the below mentioned link, and fill your computer model number to find the product driver page. http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers
  • Choose the “Audio – Driver” from the list and download and install the audio drivers. This should fix the problem

Please try the above mentioned steps and see how it goes. We are here to help you and if you need any further assistance, please feel free to reach out to us again. Have a great day!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation