Note on archived topics.
08-17-2016 11:55 PM
The sound is being played through both my headset and my speakers, but when I go into the sound settings it says my headphones are disconnected. I have seen other posts that have solutions and I have tried them and they dont work.
08-26-2016 09:22 AM
Hi @Grimmsever, Greetings! Thanks for becoming a HP forum member. I would be glad to assist you with the speaker / headphone issue that you are facing on your HP Touchsmart PC.
Since you have already tried other posts and did not get a solution, I believe the issue might be with the audio drivers on your PC. To fix this, please try the following steps:
- Go to device manager (You can give a right click on windows logo on bottom left corner of your screen and select device manager from the list)
- Now maximize the “Sound, video and game controllers” from the list. You will see the audio driver. Then give a right click on the audio driver and choose “uninstall” option.
- Make sure you “check” the box which says “Delete the driver software for this device”. Once done, restart the computer.
- Now go to the below mentioned link, and fill your computer model number to find the product driver page. http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers
- Choose the “Audio – Driver” from the list and download and install the audio drivers. This should fix the problem
Please try the above mentioned steps and see how it goes. We are here to help you and if you need any further assistance, please feel free to reach out to us again. Have a great day!
I am not an HP Employee