Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 24 All inOne 24-n014
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

my sons computer is stuck in the nasty repair loop after update. i have tried many methods to get the computer to do a recovery but nothing is working.  his computer is only a little over a year old.  I came on Hp support to copy windows 10 recovery and my only option is to buy a recovery flash drive from hp for 60$.  His computer doesnt have a disk drive so I will have to do a system recovery via flash.  but HP doesnt have that option or the software available.  if I have to do a full system recovery and delete everything thats ok. My son is only 10 and doesnt download important files videos or pics. He just plays games from trusted sites. We do have internet security thru best buy so the computer is in good shape. Can anyone help me?  I can do it myself with a little detailed instructions. id appreciate any help..

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if you can reinstall W10 by making your own W10 installation media.

Use the Media Creation tool at the link below, and there will be info on the page for how to make the ISO file into a bootable USB flash drive.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

HP Recommended

Turn the computer off.

Turn the computer on, and immediately keep tapping the F8 key, until Windows shows a "System Repair" menu.

Hopefully, one of the options will be to use "System Restore" to restore your computer to a "checkpoint" that was taken before Windows Update started to apply the changes.

Some people on this forum say that holding-down the ON/OFF button until the computer turns off, and then turning it on, and then repeating this "hard-power-off-then-power-on" 3 or 4 times will automatically cause Windows to show that "System Repair" menu.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.