Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

hi- i have a desktopand canèt get rid of these crazy symbols in blue.... instead of the question mark i get é   help!!!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Sorry, hope you are talking about this:

Please shut down the notebook. Tapping f10 as you start up to access the Bios Menu and make the change described in the document on the link below.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02035108

Regards,

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

It sounds like you may not have correct keyboard language installed. Here's a link that should show you how to double check that and select the correct one if it's not set.

Thanks,

Scott
I am an HP employee
HP Recommended
if it's like mine, press hold left ctrl+shift and tap righ shift key, this should toggle between use of the different characters

Note: sometimes I find it doesn't work on first try and have to try a couple of times, sometimes have to press the righ shift key twice!! weird but works
HP Recommended

Re: how can i change the keyboard settings off the blue symbols to the right- and not get é ^ à etc

HP Recommended
This is the best solution to this issue for those looking-works perfectly, thank you!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.