Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 7 (2,319 Views)

how do i hook up a second monitor to my hp touchsmart?

How do I hook up a second monitor to my HP touchsmart computer?

0 Kudos
Teacher
Message 2 of 7 (2,316 Views)

Re: how do i hook up a second monitor to my hp touchsmart?

Can you tell me your product number? I need to look up some visuals for your computer.

Realistically though, this is a really simple task. Simply put: connect the dots - The monitor needs the Power cord which should be the same as the cord that hooks into the back of a desktop tower, VGA (Blue cables), OR HDMI Cables. If you're using a flatscreen LCD television just look on the back of your television for a VGA Port or HDMI port.

The other end of the VGA or HDMI cable will plug into your laptop. For VGA look for a Blue port with a bunch of tiny holes or if you're hooking up HDMI look for a small quarter of an inch slit it will be a Longer port but smaller.

Let me know how this goes for ya.

PhD Student
Message 3 of 7 (2,314 Views)

Unfortunately Neptus does not understand that Touchsmart desktops do not have any video out capability.

You will need to buy a 3rd party USB to VGA/DVI or HDMI adapter to connect a 2nd monitor

Teacher
Message 4 of 7 (2,312 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thanks for clearing that up diane.

Apologies for the misleading information.

Honor Student
Message 5 of 7 (2,286 Views)

Exactly how is this done using the HP IQ775

PhD Student
Message 6 of 7 (2,285 Views)

On an IQ7xx you use the mini-VGA out adapter, if you do not have it, then you will need to get a USB to VGA/DVI or HDMI adapter from a 3rd party.

The mini-VGA adapter is all but inmpossible to purchase at this time and has been that way for several years.

Honor Student
Message 7 of 7 (2,280 Views)

Thanks, I am going to start my seach for the USB to VGA/DVI.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation