Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Intern
Intern
29 1 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

how do i replace heatsink of 659335-001

pavilion hpe phoenix h9-1170
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

how  do  we replace  the  heatsink part of  659335-001.  i can't  get  the  metal part  to budge. it  does  wiggle  on its own. the  fan is  easy  to  replace, is  the  tape on  the  bottom heatsink  tape, or  just  normal  tape,  what  the  normal non chicken frying  temps  for a gigabyte  angelica.  do  i  basically have  to  gut  the  computer, pop  out  the  motherboard, and  push  the heatsink  pins out  from the back? or just  yank  at  the   white plastic pins  with a  needlenose?

https://www.amazon.com/HP-Pavilion-Angelica-Heatsink-Fan-659335-001/dp/B00HHF5VAA

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03117539

2 REPLIES
Intern
Intern
29 1 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post

i  got it  replaced   by mostly  removing  the  motherboard  and  popping   the  pins  from the  back with a  needle nose, i  cleaned it  off with  90%  rubbing  alcohol and  cleaned off the remaining gunk,  and dried  it  carefully  with a  pad. i  also  cleaned off the  thermal compund  on  my  processor  and watercooler in a  similar  method and replaced the thermal with arctic silver 5. in  the  future i  might  have  to  replace the watercooler.  i have  found  used watercoolers on  ebay,  but  would like  to  find  a new 657398-003  or a  suitable  replacement  that  will fit,  any ideas on  this  for a h9 desktop?

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
29 1 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post

does the thermal tape on the heat sink go bad if not used?

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation