The HP Community is here for you.
07-21-2016 07:26 PM
how do i reset the rom bios password for hp pavilion s5623w?? ive watched several videos and have removed the battery but i cant find the jumper switch they talk about in the video....???
07-21-2016 07:29 PM
- Turn OFF the computer and unplug the power cord.
- Locate the jumper labeled Clear P.W. The jumper is found at the lower right edge of the motherboard.
- Move the jumper on jumper Clear P.W. to pins 1-2.
- Plug the power cord and turn ON the computer.
- Hold down the F10 key during the startup process and enter BIOS setup to change or clear the password.
- After changing or clearing the BIOS passwords, remember to reset the jumper to pins 2-3.