Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
oldestgirl4 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

how to by pass password

My husband and I are getting a divorce  he left our computer  on the only page that comes up is the one for him to put his pass word in to get on. I do not know his pass word and cand not get to the place to change users nor do I know how to by pass his pass word  HELP PLEASE

3 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
13371 1256 2977
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

how to by pass password

@oldestgirl4

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Do not despair. If you have access to a working PC and are willing to do a little work you may be able to recover your password, or if that fails, you may be able to reset it.

The recovery tool is known as ophcrack and can be found here: http://www.top-password.com/knowledge/recover-windows-10-password-with-ophcrack.html

The reset tool is the Trinity Rescue Kit, and can be found here: http://trinityhome.org/Home/index.php?content=TRINITY_RESCUE_KIT_DOWNLOAD

Once you have the downloaded file, you have a choice of media to create:
1) If you can boot from CD, download and install ImgBurn and use the Write Image to Disk option to create a bootable CD.
2) If you can boot from USB, download and install RUFUS and use the option to create a bootable USB stick from the ISO file.

Once you have the media created, you can read this post for information on how to use it: https://www.lifewire.com/free-windows-password-recovery-tools-2626179

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
43480 3209 13414
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

how to by pass password

Ophcrack is very good- but does not work if you have Windows 10. Do you have your own user account on the PC?

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***
0 Kudos
Dean
Dean
11043 572 1592
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

how to by pass password

Two methods:

1. Turn the computer on, and read the on-screen directions.  There may be an option for "System Recovery",

i.e., to wipe-out everything currently on the disk-drive, and install Windows to the state that it was when it was shipped from the factory.

Your "Mister Ex" may have installed "key-logging" software to spy on everything that you type.

Reinstalling Windows is the only way to have a "clean" computer.

2. On another computer, Google-search for "nordahl offline password".

Download this free software, and follow the directions to burn a copy to a CD-recordable disk.

On your computer:

1. turn it on.

2. insert that CD.

3. turn it off.

4. turn it on.

5. follow the on-screen instructions to "boot" your computer from the CD-drive, instead of the 'C:' drive.

6. follow the program's instructions to "blank" out the password for the account.

7. turn the computer off, by holding-down the ON/OFF button for 10 seconds.

8. turn the computer on, remove the CD disk, and let it boot normally.

9. at the prompt for the password, just press ENTER.

10. Windows should start.

11. Backup all your files/folders to an external disk-drive.

12. Consider using "method #1", above, to completely "reset" your computer.

Good luck.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation