cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
purpleinopp Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

how to disable hardware diagnostic tools monthly test

I am so sick of this thing interrupting what I am doing.  How do I disable this, or set it to run when I'm not using computer?  I couldn't find any facility within the program to alter settings.  Computer is using Windows Vista home premium on HP a6403w.  TIA!

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Teacher
Teacher
106 105 4 21
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You could infact uninstall it by going to ctrl panel>programs>programs and features next choose hardware diagnostic tools to have it uninstall. If you just wanna disable it, just go to all programs>PC Help and tools>hardware diagnostic tools and next choose scheduled and maintenance. Uncheck enable schedule maintenance and once is uncheck you see under next schedule run and as schedule maintenance is disable

purpleinopp Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.  I couldn't find the screen from your picture, but it looked like it was on the "alerts" page.  When I looked at the alerts, it said it had done a scheduled maintenance and had a link to open task scheduler to edit settings.  I was able to change it inside the task scheduler from 10 AM to 3 AM.  Have a great day! 

...Who at PC Doctor thought people wanted to be interrupted once a month at 10 AM?  Think it through, folks...!

gforman44 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

On Windows 10, I disabled it by

1. Start/ Task Scheduler
  2. Under Task Scheduler Library, select the entry:  PCDRScheduledMaintenance
  3. Once selected, click Action/Disable (menu or at right).  Or you can change the time of day.

Enjoy not being interrupted.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation