cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

how to install from USB on HP Pavilion 6310y PC

HP Recommended
Pavillion 6310y PC

I have a local kid that I have been trying to help with his PC that has no means of income, and he upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7.   He says everything was running fine until a restart after an automatic update from windows. and upon restart error  message :UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME..    well trying to repair it he lost some partitions.  I offered him a new windows ten that I have on USB being that I several extra from work. well I cannot get the PC to boot from a USB I have tryed every little thing I know an I could find.   I would greatly appreciate a little help with getting this issue resolved for him. Im so aggrevated that I cant even think what to do.     this kid greatly deserves a break due to financial burdon his family is battling.   all system pass diagnostic except. (MemoryBank1_NOTINSTALLED) AND NO OPERATING SYSTEM FOUND... I have both 8.1+windows 10 on USB just cant get it to boot. ERROR 0x0c0000001 is there a good simaritan that will reply ASAP  PLEASe

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
121,909 112,089 17,976 27,419
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Some PC's can't boot from a USB flash drive.

If you tap the F9 key at the beginning of the HP welcome screen, you should get a boot options menu, and if the PC can boot from a usb port, you will see the USB port listed as a boot option.  Select the USB boot option and hit the enter key.

If you still can't boot from a USB port, I recommend you just make a W10 installation DVD, and install via the DVD drive if the PC comes with a DVD drive.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation