Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 6 (2,819 Views)

hp DVD RW AD-7581S ATA Device

I have a Pavilion with a hp DVD RW AD-7581S ATA Device in it.  I'm trying to find out if it is capable of reading and writing double density DVD disks (DL).  Does any one know.  I can't find it in the specs for the DVD player?

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 6 (2,808 Views)

Re: hp DVD RW AD-7581S ATA Device

[ Edited ]

Hi:

Look at the faceplate of the drive. On the DVD Icon look all the way at the bottom, and if it is DL capable you will see a DL in very small letters. You should also see the DL in small letters on the RW icon.

My google searches reveal that this is a notebook hard drive?  If so the specs state it can read and write DL.

Paul

Honor Student
Message 3 of 6 (2,798 Views)

Thanks much.  It's actually in a desk top but the front of the DVD player does show a DL in VERY small letters.  Thanks!

Provost
Message 4 of 6 (2,797 Views)

You're very welcome.

Student
Message 5 of 6 (2,690 Views)

My notebook has lost the DVD driver? How can I reinstall it? Chris

Provost
Message 6 of 6 (2,689 Views)

Hi, Chris:

You can try actually removing the drive from your notebook, start it up without the drive in it, let it run in Windows a few minutes, shut it down.

Plug the optical drive back in and reboot the notebook. See if it gets discovered and the drivers installed.

If that doesn't work, I don't have any other ideas you can try, because all CD/DVD drivers are native to windows.

I don't know of anywhere you can get them from.

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation