Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

hp P7-1380t - Joshua h-61 mobo - will it support an SSD in lieu of the noisy hard drive?

HP Recommended
HP P7 1380t
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

[Content Removed]

My system is an HP P7 1380t with an HP-badged Joshua H-61 mobo and Windows 7 Home Premium. I upgraded the PSU and added a Radeon 7850 a couple years ago. Seeking quiet, I just moved the system into a Fractal R5 case. My question is will my system support an SSD? I think the sata connections on the mobo are sata l or ll (I know that without sata lll I'd give up some speed, but it sure would be nice to have relative silence). In the Windows Performance tool, the data transfer is by far the weak link.

A ancillary question; presuming I can add an SSD, can I use my Windows 7 serial number do download a fresh Windows 7 to the SDD? (current OS is getting kinda slow...2-3 minutes to boot up and 30-60 seconds to shut down). Thanks for your advice.

Last question: will this support 16GB ram (2x8GB) 
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation