Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Nrhenley Top Student
Top Student
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp compaq 8000 elite small form factor

hp compaq 8000 elite SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Okay, I have an HP compaq 8000 elite small form factor, that currently has 4gb of memory. Each module has 1gb, and I want to take those four out and replace them with my Gskill 8gb memory kit, which is 4gbx2

the model number on gskill for this part is f3-10600cl9d-8gbnt.

Previously, I had to return my first order of parts. After asking these forums, I was told to purchase this memory. I also asked the service I bought these parts from ,newegg, and they agreed these parts would work. I took this a step further, and contacted Gskill directly and was again told these parts would work.

I need someone to point me in the direction of either A) a way to make my current memory work or B) new memory that they are 100% sure will work in my computer.

When i installed my previous memory, the computer would flash red lights and beep  a few times. Nothing appeared on the display.

I do not believe a support representitive from hp has contected me yet, which is highly dissapointing after the few months i've been trying to figure this out.

All help and comments are welcome, but I would prefer someone that knows what theyre doing.

Thanks for all the help!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation