Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
MrBibs Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp compaq dc5800 small form factor

Looking for possible upgrades for my Hp Compaq DC5800 small form factor. I already know what can be done ot these computers is limited. If anyone knows if a regular mobo wil work in it in place of the L shaped one that's in it. I been looking for days on end for upgrades i can do  to the board that's in it like changing out the core 2 duo processor for the core 2 quad or better if there is one. I'd also like to put a decent graphics card in it that wn't over power the seemingly unchangable power supply. I also know i could buy a different shell and build a computer but i like this one's size and the fact it lays flat instead of standing up blocking my window. Any upgrades that can be suggested would be greatly appreciated. Here's some info on what it came with inside it i have only upgraded to 5gb of ram it couldn't handle 6gb the bios needs to be upgraded for that and i have no idea how to do it.

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.150113-1808)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP Compaq dc5800 Small Form Factor
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7400 @ 2.80GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory: 5120MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 5040MB RAM
Page File: 1927MB used, 8149MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: Intel(R) Q33 Express Chipset Family
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Intel(R) GMA 3100
DAC type: Internal

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
MrBibs Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp compaq dc5800 small form factor

Four months and no response, nice helpful forum you got here. SMDH

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation