Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have just bought refurbished dc7800. It came with windows XP. I realized that pc does not recognize network adapter and some other hardware. I decided to format it and install Windows 7. During format I also divided the harddisk into two partition. This is the point my nightmare started. I had formatted VA partition by mistake and bios keep error of searching VA partition. I have not been able to find any solution for this issue.

The stuff I have tried up to now

* clear cmos

* clear and flash bios

* install different harddisk

* from bios changed the SATA emulation to none (it was harddisk). by this way I have been able to bypass POST error and load windows 7 recovery disk but whenever I change the emulation to harddisk the error turns back again.

*manage the access MEBx menu, unprovision everything but it also did not help.

*unfortunately google search ended with no solution.

your help will be appreciated thanks

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

pls read this manual of 14 pages and try to disable the VA or change boot sequence from VA to  normal boot

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01159978/c01159978.pdf

HP Recommended

Hi, after bios upgrade to 1.32 I have the same problem!!!

Can someone help me??

I've tried all BIOS configurations without solve the problem.

Thx

Andrea

HP Recommended

Hi, try to format the hard drive with a clean install with Windows dvd, first go to the bios and go to apply default settings, and save and exit bios, after that format the hard drive with a win dvd, do a clean install.

HP Recommended

Hi, I've tried all bios setting unsuccessfully...

with any hard drive installed (new, old, formatted, with os installed) i'm unable to boot or install/format the drive.

with hard drive installed and enabled i'm unable to enter in mebx menù, for enter with ctrl+p i have to disconnect or disable hard drive first.

The pc worked without problem until the bios update to 1.32 version... after upgrade i'm unable to make boot....

I think that bios downgrade is not possible...

I've tried to change the AMT settings in mebx utility and set the standard boot mode, but under "intel amt configuration", the "VA Configuration" option is missing....

Please help me... I want to disable and remove all this settings!!!

Thanks

Andrea

HP Recommended

hello, if you didnt have any problems before the bios update, you should install Windows clean install, with a windows dvd, this should put back to the original bios.

HP Recommended

Sorry, but i think that the motherboard bios update has nothing to do with windows cliean installation....

Anyway i'm unable to boot from hard disk (old, new and SSD drive tried) or make a new os installation.... I want to disable VA, AMT, mebx ecc... and make a normal boot from normal hard drive.. can someone help me?

Thanks

Andrea

HP Recommended

The pc worked without problem until the bios update to 1.32 version... after upgrade i'm unable to make boot....

I think that bios downgrade is not possible...

HP Recommended
2215-eit failure
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have had the problem, i just upgrade the bios firmware to ver. 1.32 and the problem was succefully soled.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.