Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (1,774 Views)

hp dvd rw not working

i just bought this pc a couple months ago. its a hp pavilion p7-1254

it has a hp dvd rw ad-7250h5 sata cdrom device.

i just tried to instal a game and it will not read the disc. it doesn't give an error or anything. if i click on the dvd rom in my computer screen the drive ejects and a window pops up saying please insert a cd. i tried putting in a music cd and it will not read it. i put in a blank cd and it will read a blank cd. i tried to do the odd troublshoot on the blank cd and it says there is a write error. i then tried putting in a game i just installed a month ago and it will not read that either. there are no scratches on these disc and they read just fine in other computers. i am running windows 7.

please advise what to do to fix this problem

thanks

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 4 (1,770 Views)

Re: hp dvd rw not working

Hi,

Please try this first:

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/cd_dvd_drive_problems/en-us

Good luck.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (1,763 Views)

i tried the mr fix it and no solution. it stated there were issues that were resolved but the problem still persist.

anything else

thanks

Honor Student
Message 4 of 4 (976 Views)

On my HP Pavilion a6040n PC, the lightscribe DVD Super Multi Drive/CD writer can't  format hp dvd+rw 4.7 GB discs.

Windows says I have to update to Windows 8. 

Do you have a solution?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation