Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have same problem.

HP Recommended

Did you resolve the problem with right side of monitor over heating?

I have the same problem with my brand new envy 27,

HP Recommended

Hello Justin,

I just bought the envy recline 27" and I have the same exact problem.

Did HP fix your problem?

I would like to know if I need to return this or not.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have the same problem with a brand new HP recline 23-m202eg beats edition (S/N: CZC4134Q08), the right side of the screen is so hot that I can barely touch it.

The CPU level is below 10%, no new software installed, and obviously no dust.

I tried to update the BIOS to version 80.09 Rev. A, but I still have this problem.

What should I do? Return the item?

Thank you!

HP Recommended

Hello razvanphp,

I would recommend contacting support about that issue as soon as you can, a representative there will be able to let you know everything that can be done.

HP Technical Support, North America 1-800-474-6836. For all other regions click here.

Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

I am from Singapore. and also have the same issue. The support here is terrible. They just said it is natural to have over healing  issue for all in one pc. I have used HP for more than 10 over here. Really sad to get this type of answer.

If they  think it is natural than they should offer further warranty so that to make sure the pc will not burn out in just one year. I spend more than $1300 US on such pc. how long can it last? JUst one year? And it supposed to be a touch pc but it is so hot, that it look like going to burn my hand.

I am getting more angry that the engineer that came to my house said it was because my house is hot, no aircon.  You have not stated that people withou aircon cannot buy this pc. I went to local store and touch all in one pcs in aircon enviroment. This HP 23 recliner has the hottess feel on screen. They have to do something, not to let customer spend their hard enough money on such a product.

I am so disappointed. My last HP touchsmartold model has last me about 5 years. It spolit seem to have overheating issue after 5 years usuages. But the very first day I used this new pc already has the overhealing issue. Till now almost more than 1 month, they still cannot solve it.  Sad...

HP Recommended

I called support in Germany as advised, and now I'm waiting for a reply from technical dept.

In the meantime, I investigated myself the problem, went to the store where both recline 27 and 23 are as hot as mine in the same right spot.

Since I was suspecting the PCH motherboard chipset to be so hot because of bad attached heat pipes, I opened the case and guess what: both CPU and chipset are cold as ice, the same with the motherboard, the heat comes from the metalic part underneath, whitch is the IPS screen itself!

Since this is a (1000 EUR) touchscreen device, I find it unacceptable not to be able to touch 20% of my screen. I think HP has to admit this problem and just replace the defective hardware part, even if it's the most expensive one, the screen, if a firmware update it's not enough.

It's a pitty this happens, since this is a great device and I would really like to keep it.

HP Recommended

Yes. That is unacceptable. The enginner just came and measured the temperature. He  said heat issue of 43% is normal and they are not doing anything. Cannot refund. If they do not . I am going to refer to case. That is our local government for refund.

HP Recommended

Hi @AngryBird12 ,

I have sent you a private message. If you are not sure how to check your private messages then this post has instructions that will guide you through the process.

Regards,
George

I work for HP
HP Recommended

"I called support in Germany as advised, and now I'm waiting for a reply from technical dept.

In the meantime, I investigated myself the problem, went to the store where both recline 27 and 23 are as hot as mine in the same right spot.

Since I was suspecting the PCH motherboard chipset to be so hot because of bad attached heat pipes, I opened the case and guess what: both CPU and chipset are cold as ice, the same with the motherboard, the heat comes from the metalic part underneath, whitch is the IPS screen itself!

Since this is a (1000 EUR) touchscreen device, I find it unacceptable not to be able to touch 20% of my screen. I think HP has to admit this problem and just replace the defective hardware part, even if it's the most expensive one, the screen, if a firmware update it's not enough.

It's a pitty this happens, since this is a great device and I would really like to keep it."

HI Razvanphp, You are right. As I am not good in computer parts but I know there is something wrong of this PC. 

I have researched  from many users around the world. Those bought before April 2014, do not have this overheating issues on this PC. Those new ones Made in China on April 2014 has this issues. HP has to admit that  I believe they have changed to a cheaper parts that contributed to this overheating issues. But HP support in my country (singapore) fo not admit that and the Manager can tell me all All in one PC is designed that way to have over heating issues. 

The engineer came to my house to measure the temperature and after do some sending some email( about less than half an hour surfing), temperature is 46 degree. The HP support Manager said that is normal and they will not change or refund.  Since they said it is normal, I asked for extended warranty but she said can only offered 2 months. She thinks I am begger and offered me 2 months warranty. Human body tmperature is 36.9 degree and they want us to touch a screen that is much higher than our body temperature. That is so uncomfortable.

The HP support here as me to reply to them in email. I have wrote twice but they never reponded. That is the way of their support. Disappointed.

I have checked with many computer engineers and they told me, it is new sure it will not break down. What happened after used for long times ? HP cannot enough quaranntee the PC can last that why only give one year warranty. It is totally unacceptable for people to pay for such price for a touch pc and it cannot be touched. I am really tired, angry and disappointed. It affecting my health. 

HP please admit that the PC is somrthing wrong and don't tell me it is normal again. AS I have gone to computer mega store and touched all All-in -one PCs. Only the new HP ones have this overheating issues. Even all the sales engineers admited it. If they cannot resolved , please refund my money so I can buy a better PC in other company. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.