Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
zeipii Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp envy 700-305no bios / hp program update fail

hp envy 700-305no
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hp support program told to update important bios update. After  update I cant use computer. 

PC starts but nothing comes to screen. It stays on about 30 sec and restarts itself. Same thing, nothing shows on screen but it dont boot itself after the first reboot. This happens everytime when I take power off.

It dont seem to try to load windows either because hdd light dont blink.

I cant even find compatible bios update on HP page that i could try from usb.

I tried to clear cmos with jumpers. No change

Did HP send wrong bios update on HP support program? Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
WinterSakura Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem with my hp envy 700-311na computer. I downloaded the bios update but now my computer just has a black screen and the windows+B keyboard command does not work.

Computer turns on fine but nothing happens no loading screen or anything. Is there a way to bypass the bios and access the operating system?

0 Kudos
Provost
Provost
28010 27540 1807 5031
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi zeipii,

You have to hold the Windows key + B key down for three seconds and then release. If the BIOS is corrupted then the recovery is automatic.

HP might have changed some BIOS defaults. Are you able to boot into the BIOS?  Hit the ESC key after power on and then go to Computer setup.  Is this possible?

HP Photosmart 6520
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 10 x64
Custom PC - Z390, i7-9700K, 32GB, dual 512 GB NVMe, dual 512 SSDs, 2K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 2080TI 11GB
0 Kudos
zeipii Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 1
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

I gave up already and sent it to repairs via shop. I did try some key combination what i found from internet but it didnt work. I dont remember what combination it was so i cant say I did that what you recommended. Also I tried to remove battery and clear cmos to set it to default bios settings.

I did try go to bios but it didnt work. Just blackscreen.

0 Kudos
sinisterx Honor Student
Honor Student
3 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i have aame problem with black screen is there any other combination as win button not working in my laptop or is there anyway i can use a external keyboard
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation