Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 2 (429 Views)

hp pavilion 23 aio pc - currupted BIOS

Product Name: hp pavilion 23 aio pc
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello HP-team!

I've got "hp pavilion 23 aio pc", CZC240BKNV, model 23-b000ec, which doesn't boot. No screen, no POST-sounds.

1. I downloaded sp67096, 70065 and 70066, copied the BIOS to the USB-Flash and tried to recover it via Win+B (+Power) keys combination, but unsuccessfully: no any result.

2. I tried to read data from Windond W25Q64 Flash memory using the external SPI-programmer, connected to ROM-RECOVERY connector, but unsuccessfully also.

3. I removed mentioned W25Q64 memory from the PCB, soldered the wires to its pins and connected directly to programmer, but still w/o results. Thus I decided W25Q64 got NG and has to be replaced.

4. I found S25FL165K (manufacturer is Spansion), soldered it onto PCB and flashed via ROM-RECOVERY connector using the external SPI-programmer. I tried to burn LEE_816.ROM (from sp67096), LIN_8011.BIN (from sp70065) and LEE_817.ROM (fro)sp70066). The flashing process "per se" finished successfully always, but PC doesn't start as well. After I turn it on, it restarts only after some seconds. The screen is black, no any sound.

So may the problem be in S25FL165K compatibility? It has same protocol, capacity, but there are also some differences, which might be significant.

So my questions are:

a). Is S25FL165K ( Spansion) compartible with my PCB? Or do I have to use Windond W25Q64 exactly? Or something different?

b). As I mentioned, I tried to flash *.rom or *.bin files from sp*****.exe-packages, downloaded from HP-site. Is it enough? Or should I do something in additional? Or...?

So, I would be glad for any help.

BR :)

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 2 (364 Views)

Re: hp pavilion 23 aio pc - currupted BIOS

Hi,

HP doesn’t have an official presence on this forum other than for administration and moderation. The assistance that you receive is mainly from volunteers.

What you have done is beyond the scope of this forum.

I suggest that you contact a HP Authorized Service Center.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation