cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
JuvonM Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp pavilion slimline s5220y

Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

My hp pavilion won't turn on. I tried the different solutions from the hp support page but nothing works. When I plug the power cord in, the green light near the power supply turns solid. Afterwards, I would click the power on button but the computer doesn't turn on and the green turns off. I have no clue what to do at this point. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Retired
Retired
8,219 6,895 449 842
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there @JuvonM,

I hope you find your Support Forum experience a positive one!  It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel.  I understand that your computer is not starting properly.  I am happy to give you a hand with this.

Please try out the steps in HP PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 7). Be sure to read through it carefully and use the best matching symptom in a step where there is a choice.

Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
JuvonM Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The steps recommended didn't really help. However, I did notice one thing after following some steps. When I click the power button, the fans would start moving slightly then immediately stop.
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
8,219 6,895 449 842
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the update. Please verify that you followed the instructions under the section "the computer does not turn on" under step 2.

If you finish that there is no change, then as it recommends you should use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp, fill out the form, create a case for your issue and then use the provided information to contact HP.  

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation