cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Charles18
6 3 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

hp pavillion not booting

HP Recommended
HP Pavillion p6754y
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
Thanks to "TheOldMan" for your reply
However I am not sure it is a video issue.
when I press the power switch, all three fans start running
and I believe the hard drive is being accessed, (hard to tell with fans running) but
the power switch never illuminates at all and neither does
the HDD activity indicator on front of unit, I hear no warning tones
I also noticed a single green LED status indicator on motherboard
are there any other LED indicators on motherboard?

Regards, Charles

3 REPLIES 3
Chimney_83
Retired
Retired
8,121 8,085 488 958
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings @Charles18

Welcome to HP Forums and thank for the post. 

I understand that you are not getting any display and can hear the computer run. Happy to help. 

Would it be possible for you to connect the monitor to any other computer and check if the monitor is working fine?

Were there any updates installed recently?

Recommend you to do a hard reset on the computer. 

Disconnect the power cord, monitor and any other cables connected to the computer. 

Hold down the power button for 30 seconds. 

Connect only the power, monitor and the keyboard to the computer (Please use a USB keyboard and connect it to the rear USB slot on the computer)

While holding down Win + B key on the keyboard turn the computer ON. 

This should rollback the BIOS on your computer and resolve the issue if the issue was caused due to a BIOS corruption. 

For other troubleshooting steps please refer to the below articles. 

HP Desktop PCs - Display or Monitor is Blank (Black) after Starting the Computer

HP PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 7)

Keep me posted.

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Charles18
Author
6 3 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thanks to "Chimney_83" for your response

currently do not have another computer to test monitor (laptop does not have capabilty)

did however try the hard reset of bios as you recommeded....this did not solve problem

(30 second power button and window key + B during boot)

still do not have any illumination of Power Button or HDD access indicator at front of unit

If video driver chip or monitor bad...would this inhibit Power Button LED or HDD access LED?

again thanks for help

Chimney_83
Retired
Retired
8,121 8,085 488 958
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and trying the suggested steps. Looks to be a hardware issue, recommend you contact our phone support for the service options. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation