cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
bizzy9ja
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

hp z820 turns on and turns off

HP Recommended
z820
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

hp z820 turns on and turn off. doesn't show any video. i have changed the powersupply but no results. any help would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
ready2assist
Level 3
Level 3
34 31 1 3
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If power supply swap has not fixed the issue - it is most likely system board.

However i would suggest to try few steps to check if that fixes the issue.

1.Try Bare Minimum configuration with only processor, hard drive and memory - disconnect the Optical drive.

2.Try removing the graphics card and check if that powers the unit up stable.

3.Try resetting cmos button.

If nothing helps please log a warranty call to replace system board in the unit.

I am a HP Employee
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
racerblur
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Ok i want to get a new motherboard what it need support version 2 xeons how do i know which one will work?
DGroves
Level 11
4,681 4,655 440 987
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

V1 MOTHERBOARDS bootblock date  Boot Block Date is 12/28/2011   sandy bridge  (AS#618266-001)

V2MOTHERBOARDS bootblock date  Boot Block Date is   3/06/2013   ivy bridge  (AS#618266-003) 

if you are in the US and cannot locate a z820 board for a good price you may want to just buy a bare bones system from ebay,.... these are sold for about 400/600 depending on what is included

or as a last resort pm me,......... i have a board with a corupted LSI SAS controller (bad firmware update)

that can possibly be recovered or left as is (all other ports work)

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation