cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
sudheerbollapra Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i am facing problem in selecting legacy boot in bios setting please see the description placed

hp 20
Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)

my windows 8     operating system was crashed and i want to install now windows 7 on my desktop but to do that i have to change boot order  for this i have to change uefi to legacy boot by diabling secure boot . but unlike in other pc secure boot  my pc is not showing the legacy support which has to be enabled by disabling secure boot . i have tried disabling uefi boot but legacy boot  is not enabling , it has shown the Boot mode change message on which  four-digit code has to be entered but even then it is not booting from the dvd which i entered  i even tried using usb/cd option in uefi  thinking that it will boot from usb or cd but again it is stating same inorder to boot from the option selected 

also i  observed that in Secure Boot Configuration window " it is not showing legacy support  it is only showinng secure

boot option and rest options

c03668356.jpg

why i am saying this because i have not seen my bios boot screen before now as my os crashed and i am willing to load another os in place of it i am facing this problem i have seen many youtube videos and hp fourms but everywhere the above option is there but in my case i am not seeing it so please suggest what to do or any alternate solution so as to install a fresh copy of os

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,795 12,340 1,165 2,371
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i am facing problem in selecting legacy boot in bios setting please see the description placed

Hi @sudheerbollapra,

Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums! :). It A very Good Day to you. 🙂 Hope you are doing well. 🙂  I understand that you need assistance with installing an operating system on your computer after it crashed.  I’ll be delighted to assist you. 🙂

You are a valued HP customer and we appreciate you greatly for doing business with HP. I have reviewed the situation and it is paramount that we address your issue.

Superb and efficient diagnosis to isolate the issue correctly. Kudos to you for that. 🙂 It is a great privilege to share this platform with a tech-savvy person like you. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better, I would require more information regarding this.

Please let me know the complete model# and operating system of this AIO desktop.

Please note that HP does not recommend upgrades or downgrades of operating system or hardware as the original operating system and parts are designed to work optimally in tandem with one another.

However, if you still want to downgrade the operating system to windows 7 then you could do it at your discretion.

Please note that even if the operating system crashes you could actually restore your computer to factory settings by performing a system recovery from this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03489643  Please select the most relevant recovery options that best describes the situation.

You could order a fresh set of recovery media by contacting HP phone support from this link:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number, Case number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

This link could also help you to order recovery media: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07143

Please order the original operating system that came with the computer to reinstall it back on the machine.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this pans out. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.  🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation