Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 2 (403 Views)

i am having start up problems with my touchsmart 300, the pc powers up but screen remains black

I tried disconnecting all cables including power cable and holding power button for 30 secs and then restarting but the problem persists.  The fan starts up but the screen does not and the pc makes no beeps.  Any advice on how to get it going?

0 Kudos
Associate Professor
Message 2 of 2 (397 Views)

Re: i am having start up problems with my touchsmart 300, the pc powers up but screen remains black

Hello Ric66: What's is holding start button 30 sec stuff. Stop doing that does nothing but destroys computer. It is not a diesel truck. Just turn on computer press and hold f8 key. Now you are in save mode move your arrow keys select save mode with networking. Now open up HP Assisant click maintain then click on tune up and check mark everything and enabled microsoft defragmeter and run it. I had you open it in safe mode with networking in case you needed futher assistant. Perform this task it is not a bad Ideal to scan your computer for malware and viruses. Now llet tune complete close all open windows and restart computer. If for some unkown reason the computer does not start up normal. Then press F8 again safe mode this time you are going to perform a back date recovery open up recovery choose restore to earlier point of time. Yes there is a short waiting period between Windows 7 and logon screen with black screen it is normal. That your start up is corrupted and defragmeter will take care of it. That is why you should scheduled PC tune ups.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation