cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
kevlar102011 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

i have an hp a305 desktop pc. can I upgrade the video card?

It has integrated intel extreme graphics.  I can supply all of the system information but I would like to know if it's possible before I look into it any further.

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Provost Provost
Provost
45,054 40,720 4,409 11,462
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

supply the information if you want anyone here to look into it further.

Post any other questions you have in your thread.
Please accept as solution if this is the info you needed.

Take a moment of your time, as we volunteers have given you some of ours in trying to help you resolve your issue, to return to your thread to let us know if we helped you or not.
0 Kudos
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

What type of information do you need?  It is a Pavillion a305w, s/n CNC33907QH.

0 Kudos
Provost
Provost
10,650 9,432 1,669 4,691
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Your a305x system Specs and Motherboard Specs... the third letter in the serial# indicates you have the Trigem board. Neither has an AGP slot and all there is are PCI slots. So, you are very limited in your choices to upgrade the graphics sub-system. Here are some PCI cards at Newegg... if you are going to upgrade, try to get newest model with the most RAM, most pixel pipelines/stream processors and fastest clock speed at the lowest price.

Frank

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520
Provost Provost
Provost
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

You can upgrade the PC with a PCI video card. Are you certain it is worth spending money on a PC that is about five generations behind current PCs? If your plans are for gaming then you should be aware that even with an upgraded video card it won't run very many of the newest games with a high FPS. The greatest limiting factor will be the CPU and operating system.

As always, the choice is yours.  Most of the video cards on this page at Newegg will work. I suggest that you stay with the lower priced cards, but choose as much memory as possible.

I recommend saving up for a newer more current PC system instead of investing money into one that could cease to operate shortly.

regards,

erico

Take a moment of your time, as we volunteers have given you some of ours in trying to help you resolve your issue, to return to your thread to let us know if we helped you or not.
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I only intend to run one game on the system.  It's an Optishot  golf simulator that requires

• Windows 7, XP or Vista
  • USB 2.0
  • Memory: 2 GB
  • Disk Space: 3 GB
  • Video Card: 256 MB; Open GL 2.0 Compliance
  • My system has all of the other requirements except the video card
0 Kudos
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thank you very much.  I was thinking that the DIAMOND Stealth S9250PCI256SB Radeon 9250 256MB 128-bit DDR PCI  Video Card would be good.  How do I know if this one would be the correct one for my computer?

0 Kudos
Provost
Provost
10,650 9,432 1,669 4,691
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I was thinking that the DIAMOND Stealth S9250PCI256SB Radeon 9250 256MB 128-bit DDR PCI Video Card would be good. How do I know if this one would be the correct one for my computer?

That should do just fine.

I only intend to run one game on the system.  It's an Optishot  golf simulator that requires

Windows 7, XP or Vista
USB 2.0
Memory: 2 GB
Disk Space: 3 GB
Video Card: 256 MB; Open GL 2.0 ComplianceMy system has all of the other requirements except the video card

The system specs show a 1GB (2 x 512MB) RAM max, while the M/B specs show a 2GB (2 x 1GB) RAM max. You may wish to verify that you have 2GB or that it works.

Frank

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520
Provost Provost
Provost
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

It will work. The specs are the same as required. PCI interface and passive cooling with not very much memory onboard.

regards,

erico

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation