Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
compaq 5000
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

i'm looking for drivers for hp compaq 5000 win7 32bit

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Are you looking for W7 32 bit drivers for the HP/Compaq dc5000?

There are many different HP 5000 models.

HP Recommended

it's the small version . send me the one you have

HP Recommended

OK so you have the dc5000 SFF PC.

There are no W7 drivers for that model.

I assume you need the graphics and audio drivers, correct?

The audio is easy...install the Vista graphics driver and restart the PC.

This package contains the audio driver for the ADI AC97 Integrated Digital Audio Controller in the supported desktop models and operating systems. - Provides the initial release of the drivers for the supported desktop models and operating systems.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp36501-37000/sp36530.exe

The graphics, you will have to carefully follow these instructions to install the driver.

After you install the graphics driver you will be able to change the screen resolution and have graphics acceleration.

You will not have Windows Aero because the onboard Intel graphics adapter the dc5000 has does not support that feature.

Ready, set, go...

First download and run this graphics driver.  Close out of any error windows.

This package contains the driver for the Intel Graphics in supported desktop models that are running a supported operating system.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp31001-31500/sp31335.exe

After you run the driver, go to the device manager, and there should either be a device labeled as a Video Controller under an Other Devices category, or there will be a Standard VGA Adapter listed under the Display Adapters device manager category.

So find either of those that you see.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.  Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and then at the bottom of that window, select the Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Click on Have Disk, and browse to:  C:\SWSetup\sp31335\Win2000\ialmnt5 and select the Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller from the list of graphics adapters, and the driver should install.

Then restart the PC.

If you need any other drivers besides those two (I think W7 should have installed the rest of them), please let me know.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.