Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
510-p026
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

IE stopped working on my 3 month old desktop.   worked fine till three days ago,now i hit the  e  icon and all i get is a

blank white box on desk top.  the boxes just freezes on screen  unable to close nor minimize.  i must  right click mouse on  e icon then keep hitting close window  to remove from desk top.

i can use  edge to acces internet fine ,but every time i wish to reply to an e-mail the blank white box comes up on desktop

trying to connect to IE. Again freezing on desktop.

there where no updates to computer before this happened and no new programs added.

i have rest computer to edge for internet , but the IE box still comes up.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GRATEFUL APPRECIATED

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

> ... worked fine till three days ago ...

Have you tried using "System Restore" to "time-warp" your computer back to a check-point taken over 3 days ago?

HP Recommended

I RAN RESTORE, IT ERROR  OUT AT THE END , SAYING I COULD RETRY EARLIER  DATE,  SO FIRST TRY FAILED.

HAVE YET TO TRY EARLIER DATE,                                

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.