Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
pues_yo Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

internal microphone not working

touchsmart 300-1020 desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello! I try to use skype and cortana, but my computer doesn't detect the microphone. The speakers and camera works find. Do i need to replace the sound card, the camera or somehing else?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
72650 8814 18940
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please try

(a) Right click speaker icon,

(b) Select Recording devices,

(c) Enable Microphone and keep it as default.

You may have to set it up under Skype.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
pues_yo Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I try it, but is not showing the microphone icon or name and nothing about microphone.
I run the diagnostic test and everything is working right. I try the troubleshooting and doesn't find anything wrong.
Do I need to replace the microphone or install one?
Thanks!
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
9200 1217 3219
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@banhien is correct. You should follow the prompts.  Followed his reply, and verified it.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

Loaner: Envy Omen Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 7th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ + NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070M 8GB Discrete Graphics (16GB RAM) 512GB m.2 SSD
HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation