Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi! I have a IPIEL-LA3 Motherboard. I put a core2duo e8400 in it, but it does not boot. Bios does not come up.  The spec. says, it support the e8400. Newest bios installed. What should i do ?

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

When requesting assistance, please provide the complete model name and/or product number of the computer in question.

Also provide the complete Intel "spec" code of the CPU you are trying to instal.

Please send KUDOs

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520
HP Recommended

im having the same problem as well here is my computer and a link

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c02675194&lang=en&cc=us&taskI... HP Pavilion p6705f Desktop

trying to upgrade my cpu and i have a atx 400watts spu wondering should i upgrade it to a 500 watt

the cpu i bought is a:

intel 2 duo core e8400 3.0g/6mb/1333/86

slb9j malay

Q847a896

please help

HP Recommended

What happens when you try to boot the computer? Is it completely unresponsive? 

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

Nemo_Op,

What BIOS version is your computer currently using??? You may need to reinstall the original Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5700 CPU and update the BIOS to sp56794.exe IPIEL-LA3 BIOS v6.09, which includes updated Intel processor microcode.

Please click the white KUDOS star to show your appreciation

Frank

***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP Recommended

i get 3 beeps and a black screen

HP Recommended

i updated it but now i get 2 beeps the 2nd beep is a bout 2-3 seconds long should i just buy a new cpu?

if so can you link a websie please!

HP Recommended

So, currently you have the Intel 2 E8400 installed in the computer and you get one short beep and one long beep... is this correct??? If so, I believe you currently have a "Memory Issue" and you need to remove the DIMMs, inspect the DIMMs and memory slots, and then reinstall the DIMMs. You may have to try one DIMM at a time until you can eliminate the current beep code. Please report back with an update.

Frank

HP Recommended

thank very much but now my ram is at 4g, is that my max or can i get 4x2 in the future?

oh thank you your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:robotvery-happy:

HP Recommended

Based on the specs of your HP Pavilion p6705f Desktop and its IPIEL-LA3 (Eureka3) motherboard, this model supports the following memory configurations;

Four DDR3 DIMM (240-pin) sockets
Supports 2 GB DDR3 DIMMs
Supports dual channel memory architecture
Supported speeds:
   PC3-8500 @ 1066 MHz
   PC3-6400 @ 800 MHz
Non-ECC memory only, unbuffered
Supports up to 8 GB on 64-bit operating systems

Frank

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.