cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
steliosthebig
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

is dust cleaning safe?

Pavilion 500-160 ev (
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

hello,

recently, i was searching about how can i clean my computer. I found that leaf blower and vacuum creates static electricity and this can destroy my pc. is this true? Moreover , i heard that if i leave my pc unplugged for 30 minutes then use a leaf blower 2-3 inches away from the computer it will be done successfully. any suggestions? i cannot find in my country compressed air less than 30 euros.

thanks in advance. 🙂

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Level 15
28,004 27,539 1,807 5,035
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

is dust cleaning safe?

Hi,

30 euros seems to be outrageously high. That price must get you a 20lb propane tank size container.:smileywink:  Compressed air bottle in UK.

HP Photosmart 6520
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 10 x64
Custom PC - Z390, i7-9700K, 32GB, dual 512 GB NVMe, dual 512 SSDs, 2K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 2080TI 11GB
0 Kudos
steliosthebig
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

is dust cleaning safe?

hello again,

the leaf blower will not do the work? i do not want to wait for it to come because now i have holiday from school and i have free time

0 Kudos
redshore
Level 4
103 89 5 20
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

is dust cleaning safe?

@Big_Dave wrote:

Hi,

30 euros seems to be outrageously high. That price must get you a 20lb propane tank size container.:smileywink:  Compressed air bottle in UK.

:LaughingTears:

Using pc's since 82. First pc bought 1988. Every day I'm still learning new things about computing.
Highlighted
redshore
Level 4
103 89 5 20
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

is dust cleaning safe?

I'm not sure what country you're living in but Amazon in the UK shows this price for compressed air.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Star-Duster-Compressed-Flammable-400ml/dp/B000MQ7DZC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=...

Always make sure before cleaning inside the case to shut the pc off properly, disconnect the power cord & it's best to use an anti-static wrist strap just in case. For instance if the air is dry or you have carpeting etc.

You can pick one up cheap pretty much anywhere or online.

I wouldn't use a vacum. For small areas I carefully use Q-Tips..but gently around hard to reach areas. Have been doing this for years without problems.

Using pc's since 82. First pc bought 1988. Every day I'm still learning new things about computing.
steliosthebig
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

is dust cleaning safe?

thank you sir! have a nice day 🙂

0 Kudos
redshore
Level 4
103 89 5 20
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

is dust cleaning safe?

You're very welcome!

Best

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation