Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
mikedov Top Student
Top Student
7 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

is intel hd graphic as good as ATI/nVidia graphic cards and how good are AMD Fusion Graphic cards?

How good is AMD Fusion Quad-Core A6-3600 2.1GHz with Turbo-core up to 2.3GHz ? I couldn't find any benchmark for it. Is it comparable to a Intel Core i5-2310 2.9 GHz (Benchmark 5853)?

Also, I've seen many PC with Intel HD graphic. How good are they in comparson to ATI or Nvidia? Where do they fit in with the cards I've seen? The ATI cards I've seen so far are

• AMD Radeon HD 6530D (Benchmark 607)
  • ATI Radeon HD 6570 (2 GB) with Avivo technology (Benchmark 905)

The nVidia card I've seen so far are:

• NVIDIA GeForce G315 graphics card with 512MB memory (Benchmark 299)
  • NVIDIA GeForce G405 (1 GB) with PureVideo HD technology (Benchmark 278)
  • NVIDIA GeForce GT 530 (Benchmark 726)
  • NVIDIA GT440 1.5 GB Graphics card (Benchmark 852)
  • NVIDIA GeForce GT420 (Benchmark 564)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES
Provost
Provost
9487 1667 4681
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

is intel hd graphic as good as ATI/nVidia graphic cards and how good are AMD Fusion Graphic cards?

Any integrated graphics sub-system is going to fall behind when compared to a discrete graphics card of similar age. As far as the AMD A4/A6/A8 apu's vs. Intel i3 i3/i5/i7 thing goes... the A4 compares to1st gen. i3's but with better graphics capabilities... the A6 to 2nd gen. i3's again with better graphics.. and the A8 to 2nd gen i5's again with better graphics but falling behind in the CPU department.

Read more HERE or search google for intel core vs. AMD A4/A6/A8 APU's

Frank

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520
0 Kudos
mikedov Top Student
Top Student
7 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How about AMD Phenom 2? So for the best performance at the cheapest cost, buy Core i5 with dedicated graphic?

Furthermore, in your opinion, should I wait before buying a new desktop? Is now a slum between pc releases?
0 Kudos
mikedov Top Student
Top Student
7 0 1
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've asked a similiar question on the Norton forum and was kindly redirected here. Here is that thread: http://community.norton.com/t5/Tech-Outpost/Buying-a-new-computer-advice/td-p/580534

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation