Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion envy 750-424
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have the i7 6700 locked cpu in this machine I was wondering since Kabylake came out is this machine compatible? It has the H170 chipset and the right socket and supports DDR4 it also has 16 Gigs of ram going from 3.4 to 4.2 seems like a excellent gain for the money right now, I am planning a Broadwell build if Ryzen doesn't cut it and would like this machine to have some go power for the time being. Once the broadwell machine is done I was going to build at my leisure a system around the Kabylake cpu

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello, @mrbilky – Hope you are well 🙂

Thanks for your continued participation on the HP Forums! I’d like to help!

I see that you want to upgrade to the new Kaby Lake processor. I checked your product processor upgrade specifications and I see that these are the tested upgrades that you can do:

The above mentioned are the tested processor upgrades for your machine. Since the Kaby Lake is not tested, we will not be able to tell you whether this will work with your Pavilion or not. Check your product specifications here: http://hp.care/2m53t3S 

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Yeah I saw that but Kabylake came out after this unit and was hoping to hear someone tried it as it seems to meet all the criteria without any mention of a BIOS update was hoping a firmware upgrade or none at all was the ticket.

HP Recommended

HP does have a few H170 chipset PCs that have Kabylake support.  I suggest that you evaluate the price/performance gains from where your PC is currently performing.  Keep checking on the BIOS updates (details and fixes) and see if HP develops a BIOS update to support Kabylake.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.