Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Top Student
Message 1 of 1 (1,253 Views)

keyboard space bar problem

[ Edited ]

Hi so im new to here and just need some help as i have a problem with my keyboard's spacebar which is annoying me and causing problems. I have a hp pavilion a6030.uk desktop computer and its been working fine etc and keyboard too...and for some reason when i went on my computer today and everything loads up fine/works fine but once i start typing something and press the spacebar on the keyboard....theres this beeping sound and then my monitor says monitor going to sleep and then its a blank black screen and when it wakes sometimes it comes up with some window for searching the internet? and i dont know how to fix or solve it. please can someone help me. its everytime the spacebar is pressed it does what i have said above.

also my keyboard is 5189 model, multimedia keyboard. i noticed when also pressing the mute button or any orther shortcut keys it makes a beeping noise, but it is only the spacebar that makes it goes to sleep. is there a way to fix the spacebar problem?

thanks! 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation